Thesis: Splash: User Manual
Note: If you just want to setup your site like our demo site to start, read this section.
- Using the WordPress Menu system to create your Navigation.
- There are many general Thesis 2 tutorials listed here.
- We have many useful plugins listed here.
- For the contact form like our demo site we highly recommend Gravity Forms, Contact Form 7 is a lesser, but free alternative.
Thesis 2 - Skin Installation - Quick Start
- If you are new to Thesis 2 make sure to read the Thesis 2 docs listed above to get up to speed on the basics.
- Install skins by activating Thesis 2 and going to Thesis -> Manage Skins -> Upload Skin.
- If you want the skin to look like our demo site, read this. Also one of our customers, Jupiter Jim, put together a great video showing the general process of installing a Thesis 2 skin here.
- New to Thesis 2 and Themedy? Watch our Thesis 2 / Themedy Quick Start video first.
After Installation Tips
- Make sure your: "Settings -> Reading -> Front page displays" is set to "Your latest posts" (See FAQ for static homepage setup)
- Visit "Thesis -> Skin Content" to find the skins options.
- Visit "Thesis -> Skin Design" to change the built in design options for this skin.
- Setup your navigation menu at: "Appearance -> Menus"
- Add your Header / Logo image at: "Thesis -> Header Image"
- Visit the Appearance -> Widgets area to add content where needed.
- If you fill out your Name and Biographical Info at Users -> Your Profile, you can have an "author box" displayed at the end of your blog posts by turning it on at: Thesis -> Skin Content -> Post/Page Output -> Author description (single template)
Themedy Settings Explained
You can view the Themedy settings by visiting "Thesis -> Skin Content" and "Thesis -> Skin Design"
Thesis -> Skin Content
Note: On this page you can click on the buttons under the top drop-down to hide / show certain areas on your site. A checked box will be displayed, uncheck it to hide it - give it a try!
Themedy Portfolio Template: Control the settings of your portfolio page.
Attribution: Customize the text shown in the footer area.
Thesis -> Skin Design
Use this area to set the various design options provided.