Thesis: Richmond: User Manual
Note: If you just want to setup your site like our demo site to start, read this section.
- Using the WordPress Menu system to create your Navigation.
- There are many general Thesis 2 tutorials listed here.
- We have many useful plugins listed here.
- For the contact form option on the front page you need to use a contact form plugin. We highly recommend Gravity Forms, Contact Form 7 is a lesser, but free alternative. Note design customizations to make other contact plugins work are not provided by Themedy Support.
Thesis 2 - Skin Installation - Quick Start
- If you are new to Thesis 2 make sure to read the Thesis 2 docs listed above to get up to speed on the basics.
- Install skins by activating Thesis 2 and going to Thesis -> Manage Skins -> Upload Skin.
- If you want the skin to look like our demo site, read this. Also one of our customers, Jupiter Jim, put together a great video showing the general process of installing a Thesis 2 skin here.
- New to Thesis 2 and Themedy? Watch our Thesis 2 / Themedy Quick Start video first.
After Installation Tips
- Make sure your: "Settings -> Reading -> Front page displays" is set to "A static page (select below)" and both drop downs have a page selected. (just create two blank pages if you haven't yet - called Home and Blog for example, to choose here)
- You can add content to the body of page you set as your homepage in step 1 above to be shown on your front page under the featured grid area. The text between the menu and photo grid is also editabled in the page editor, look for the "Themedy Page Tag" box to add / remove text in this area.
- Visit "Thesis -> Skin Content" to find the skins options. (this feature can be used on any page)
- Visit "Thesis -> Skin Design" to change the built in design options for this skin.
- Setup your navigation menu at: "Appearance -> Menus"
- Add your Header / Logo image at: "Thesis -> Header Image"
- Visit the Appearance -> Widgets area to add content where needed.
Note that for the most part these are just suggested sizes, but they give you a starting point.
themedy-post-image: 800x400px (blog post listing featured image)
portfolio-thumbnail: 352x250px (images on the portfolio listing page)
themedy-portfolio-featured: 800x498px (on front page, image is responsive)
themedy-testimonial-standard: 48x48px (icons shown beside non-featured testimonials)
themedy-testimonial-featured: 64x64px (icons shown beside featured testimonial)
themedy-feature-standard: 48x48px (icons shown beside featured entries)
Themedy Settings Explained
You can view the Themedy settings by visiting "Thesis -> Skin Content" and "Thesis -> Skin Design"
Thesis -> Skin Content
Blog Tagline: For your blog page you need to add it here as it won't be read from the "Themedy Options" box on this page.
Blog Title: For your blog page you need to add it here as it won't be read from the "Themedy Options" box on this page.
Homepage - Features: Set the amount of feature items to be shown.
Homepage - Subscribe Area: This is the email subscribe area shown on the front page on our demo site. You can use these instructions to use MailChimp / Aweber or you can enter a shortcode for a contact form from a plugin like Gravity Forms.
Primary Navigation: This is where you set the navigation menu you want to use on your site - create it in Appearance -> Menus first.
Secondary Navigation: This is where you set the secondary navigation menu you want to use on your site - create it in Appearance -> Menus first.
Single Post - Subscribe Area: This is the email subscribe area shown under the single blog posts views on our demo site. You can use these instructions to use MailChimp / Aweber or you can enter a shortcode for a contact form from a plugin like Gravity Forms.
Themedy - Contact Area: This is the email subscribe area shown on every page at the very bottom of your site. You can use these instructions to use MailChimp / Aweber or you can enter a shortcode for a contact form from a plugin like Gravity Forms.
Themedy - Grid: Settings for the top image area shown on the homepage.
Themedy Portfolio: Settings for the portfolio page.
Attribution: Customize the text shown in the footer area.
Thesis -> Skin Design
Use this area to set the various design options provided.
Special Options Area
When editing a page (including the page you set as your front page) look for the "Themedy Page Tag" box to add a custom page title / tag line that will show under the logo before the content.
Features (rocket, coffee cup seen on demo site) / Testimonials
Adding items to these areas will automatically populate them on your front page. They will publish in the order they are shown in your WordPress admin. You can easily reorder them after you publish them using these instructions.