Thesis: ReadyFolio 2: User Manual
Note: If you just want to setup your site like our demo site to start, read this section.
- Using the WordPress Menu system to create your Navigation.
- There are many general Thesis 2 tutorials listed here.
- We have many useful plugins listed here.
- For the contact form like our demo site we highly recommend Gravity Forms, Contact Form 7 is a lesser, but free alternative.
Thesis 2 - Skin Installation - Quick Start
- If you are new to Thesis 2 make sure to read the Thesis 2 docs listed above to get up to speed on the basics.
- Install skins by activating Thesis 2 and going to Thesis -> Manage Skins -> Upload Skin.
- If you want the skin to look like our demo site, read this. Also one of our customers, Jupiter Jim, put together a great video showing the general process of installing a Thesis 2 skin here.
- New to Thesis 2 and Themedy? Watch our Thesis 2 / Themedy Quick Start video first.
After Installation Tips
- Make sure your: "Settings -> Reading -> Front page displays" is set to "A static page (select below)" and both drop downs have a page selected. (just create two blank pages if you haven't yet - called Home and Blog for example, to choose here)
- Visit "Thesis -> Skin Content" to find the skins options.
- Visit "Thesis -> Skin Design" to change the built in design options for this skin.
- Setup your navigation menu at: "Appearance -> Menus"
- Add your Header / Logo image at: "Thesis -> Header Image"
- Visit the Appearance -> Widgets area to add content where needed.
Features: You can find this in your menu in the WordPress admin. This area allows you to create "feature" items for your front page.
Portfolio: You can find this in your menu in the WordPress admin. This area allows you to create "portfolio" items for your portfolio page. To create your portfolio page, create a new page and look for the Thesis Skin Custom Template" box in the page editor, select "Portfolio" from the drop down there. After you do this more options for your portfolio page will also appear in your page editor in a "Portfolio Options" box.
Testimonials: You can find this in your menu in the WordPress admin. This area allows you to create "Testimonial" items for your front page.
Themedy Settings Explained
You can view the Themedy settings by visiting "Thesis -> Skin Content" and "Thesis -> Skin Design"
Thesis -> Skin Content
Note: On this page you can click on the buttons under the top drop-down to hide / show certain areas on your site. A checked box will be displayed, uncheck it to hide it - give it a try!
Archives Blog Tag: Change the text shown to the right of the page title on the archives page.
Archives Title: Rename the archives page title from the default "Archives"
Blog Page Tag: Change the text shown to the right of the page title on the blog page.
Blog Title: Rename the archives page title from the default "Blog"
Front Page - Featured Text: This is the text to the left of the slider on the front page.
Portfolio Page Tag: Change the text shown to the right of the page title on the portfolio page.
Primary Navigation: This is where you set the navigation menu you want to use on your site - create it in Appearance -> Menus first.
Themedy Feature Slider: This area controls the slider on the homepage. Slide content will be pulled from your Post or Portfolio sections - the WordPress featured image will be used as the image for the slider area.
Themedy Portfolio Carousel: This area has options for the the "Our Work" section on our demo site with the circular images.
Themedy Portfolio Template: Control the settings of your portfolio page.
Attribution: Customize the text shown in the footer area.
Thesis -> Skin Design
Use this area to set the various design options provided.