Thesis: Reactiv: User Manual
Note: If you just want to setup your site like our demo site to start, read this section.
- Using the WordPress Menu system to create your Navigation.
- There are many general Thesis 2 tutorials listed here.
- We have many useful plugins listed here.
- For the contact form like our demo site we highly recommend Gravity Forms, Contact Form 7 is a lesser, but free alternative.
Thesis 2 - Skin Installation - Quick Start
- If you are new to Thesis 2 make sure to read the Thesis 2 docs listed above to get up to speed on the basics.
- Install skins by activating Thesis 2 and going to Thesis -> Manage Skins -> Upload Skin.
- If you want the skin to look like our demo site, read this.
- New to Thesis 2 and Themedy? Watch our Thesis 2 / Themedy Quick Start video first.
After Installation Tips
- Make sure your: "Settings -> Reading -> Front page displays" is set to "A static page (select below)" and both drop downs have a page selected. (just create two blank pages if you haven't yet - called Home and Blog for example, to choose here)
- Visit "Thesis -> Skin Content" to find the skins options.
- Visit "Thesis -> Skin Design" to change the built in design options for this skin.
- Setup your navigation menu at: "Appearance -> Menus"
- Add your Header / Logo image at: "Thesis -> Header Image"
- Visit the Appearance -> Widgets area to add content where needed.
A customer of ours, Jupiter Jim, has put together a great video of some of the slider settings here, check it out!
Themedy Settings Explained
You can view the Themedy settings by visiting "Thesis -> Skin Content" and "Thesis -> Skin Design"
Thesis -> Skin Content
Note: On this page you can click on the buttons under the top drop-down to hide / show certain areas on your site. A checked box will be displayed, uncheck it to hide it - give it a try!
Back to Top: Change the "back to top" text.
Front Page - Featured Text: This is the text under the slider on the front page.
Front Page - Latest Posts: Settings for the Latest Posts area on the front page. The WordPress featured image is used as the display image in this area.
Front Page - Recent Work: Settings for the Recent Work area on the front page. The WordPress featured image is used as the display image in this area.
Primary Nav Menu: This is where you set the navigation menu you want to use on your site - create it in Appearance -> Menus first.
Search: Change the URL search results are posted to - Optional.
Themedy Feature Slider: This area controls the slider on the homepage. Slide content will be pulled from your Post or Portfolio sections - the WordPress featured image will be used as the image for the slider area.
Themedy Mobile Menu: Set the menu that is displayed on the mobile version of the site.
Themedy Standard Portfolio: Control the settings of your portfolio page.
Attribution: Customize the text shown in the footer area.
Thesis -> Skin Design
Use this area to set the various design options provided.