Thesis: Line it Up: User Manual
Note: If you just want to setup your site like our demo site to start, read this section.
- Using the WordPress Menu system to create your Navigation.
- There are many general Thesis 2 tutorials listed here.
- We have many useful plugins listed here.
- For the contact form like our demo site we highly recommend Gravity Forms, Contact Form 7 is a lesser, but free alternative.
Thesis 2 - Skin Installation - Quick Start
- If you are new to Thesis 2 make sure to read the Thesis 2 docs listed above to get up to speed on the basics.
- Install skins by activating Thesis 2 and going to Thesis -> Manage Skins -> Upload Skin.
- If you want the skin to look like our demo site, read this. Also one of our customers, Jupiter Jim, put together a great video showing the general process of installing a Thesis 2 skin here.
- New to Thesis 2 and Themedy? Watch our Thesis 2 / Themedy Quick Start video first.
After Installation Tips
- Make sure your: "Settings -> Reading -> Front page displays" is set to "A static page (select below)" and both drop downs have a page selected. (just create two blank pages if you haven't yet - called Home and Blog for example, to choose here)
- Visit "Thesis -> Skin Content" to find the skins options.
- Visit "Thesis -> Skin Design" to change the built in design options for this skin.
- Setup your navigation menu at: "Appearance -> Menus"
- Add your Header / Logo image at: "Thesis -> Header Image"
- Visit the Appearance -> Widgets area to add content where needed.
Themedy Settings Explained
You can view the Themedy settings by visiting "Thesis -> Skin Content" and "Thesis -> Skin Design"
Thesis -> Skin Content
Note: On this page you can click on the buttons under the top drop-down to hide / show certain areas on your site. A checked box will be displayed, uncheck it to hide it - give it a try!
404 Text: Change the text under the 404 page title.
404 Title: Change the default 404 page title.
Blog Tagline: Change the text under the "Blog" page title.
Blog Title: Change the default "Blog" page title.
Homepage Row 1: Front page content area, see screenshot of content areas.
Homepage Row 2: Front page content area, see screenshot of content areas.
Homepage Section 1 - 7: Front page content area, see screenshot of content areas.
Portfolio Title: Change the default "Portfolio" page title.
Primary Navigation: This is where you set the navigation menu you want to use on your site - create it in Appearance -> Menus first.
Themedy Featured Slider: This area controls the slider on the homepage. Slide content will be pulled from your "Slides" sections - the WordPress featured image will be used as the background image for the whole area behind the slider area. ie: Slide 1 Featured Image from our Demo site.
Themedy Grind Portfolio: This is the "Our Work" area on the front page that has the box images of all your portfolio items. The image is pulled from whatever is set as the WordPress featured image.
Themedy Mobile Menu: Select the menu you want to be shown on mobile devices, this can be different from your main menu. Create it under Appearance -> Menus first then select it here.
Themedy Portfolio Template: Control the settings of your portfolio page.
Attribution: Customize the text shown in the footer area.
Thesis -> Skin Design
Use this area to set the various design options provided.