Thesis: Junction: User Manual
Note: If you just want to setup your site like our demo site to start, read this section.
- Using the WordPress Menu system to create your Navigation.
- There are many general Thesis 2 tutorials listed here.
- We have many useful plugins listed here.
- For the contact form option on the front page you need to use a contact form plugin. We highly recommend Gravity Forms, Contact Form 7 is a lesser, but free alternative. Note design customizations to make other contact plugins work are not provided by Themedy Support.
Thesis 2 - Skin Installation - Quick Start
- If you are new to Thesis 2 make sure to read the Thesis 2 docs listed above to get up to speed on the basics.
- Install skins by activating Thesis 2 and going to Thesis -> Manage Skins -> Upload Skin.
- If you want the skin to look like our demo site, read this.
- New to Thesis 2 and Themedy? Watch our Thesis 2 / Themedy Quick Start video first.
After Installation Tips
- Make sure your: "Settings -> Reading -> Front page displays" is set to "Your Latest Posts"
- The intro text displayed under the header on the homepage, comes from Appearance -> Widgets page, we used a text widget in "Top Featured Area"
- Visit "Thesis -> Skin Content" to find the skins options.
- Visit "Thesis -> Skin Design" to change the built in design options for this skin.
- Setup your navigation menu at: "Appearance -> Menus"
- Add your Header / Logo image at: "Thesis -> Header Image"
- Visit the Appearance -> Widgets area to add content where needed.
Need a Sidebar?
To add the sidebar visit: Thesis -> Skin Content -> Select content to display -> Sidebar
Themedy Settings Explained
You can view the Themedy settings by visiting "Thesis -> Skin Content" and "Thesis -> Skin Design"
Thesis -> Skin Content
Primary Navigation: This is where you set the navigation menu you want to use on your site - create it in Appearance -> Menus first.
Themedy - Featured Lead Area: This controls the featured area located at the bottom of the site along with the social icons listed there.
Themedy - Portfolio Template: Options for the portfolio page template included with this skin. Create your portfolio by adding items to the WordPress Dashboard -> Portfolio section. Then create a blank page under WordPress Dashboard -> Pages and select "Portfolio" under the "Thesis Skin Custom Template" drop down.
Themedy - Slider: This area controls the slider area on the homepage located after the navigation menu.
Attribution: Customize the text shown in the footer area.
Thesis -> Skin Design
Featured Widget Area Background Icon: Set the background image in the "Featured Widget Area"
Featured Lead Area Icon: Set the background image in the "Themedy - Featured Lead Area"
Also use this area to set the various design options provided.
Note this is also where you can set the background images in the featured areas.