Thesis: Derby: User Manual
Note: If you just want to setup your site like our demo site to start, read this section.
- Using the WordPress Menu system to create your Navigation.
- There are many general Thesis 2 tutorials listed here.
- We have many useful plugins listed here.
- For the contact form like our demo site we highly recommend Gravity Forms, Contact Form 7 is a lesser, but free alternative.
Thesis 2 - Skin Installation - Quick Start
- If you are new to Thesis 2 make sure to read the Thesis 2 docs listed above to get up to speed on the basics.
- Install skins by activating Thesis 2 and going to Thesis -> Manage Skins -> Upload Skin.
- If you want the skin to look like our demo site, read this. Also one of our customers, Jupiter Jim, put together a great video showing the process of installing Derby here.
- New to Thesis 2 and Themedy? Watch our Thesis 2 / Themedy Quick Start video first.
After Installation Tips
- Make sure your: "Settings -> Reading -> Front page displays" is set to "A static page (select below)" and both drop downs have a page selected. (just create two blank pages if you haven't yet - called Home and Blog for example, to choose here)
- Visit "Thesis -> Skin Content" to find the skins options.
- Visit "Thesis -> Skin Design" to change the built in design options for this skin.
- Setup your navigation menu at: "Appearance -> Menus"
- Add your Header / Logo image at: "Thesis -> Header Image"
- Visit the Appearance -> Widgets area to add content where needed.
Themedy Settings Explained
You can view the Themedy settings by visiting "Thesis -> Skin Content" and "Thesis -> Skin Design"
Thesis -> Skin Content
Note: On this page you can click on the buttons under the top drop-down to hide / show certain areas on your site. A checked box will be displayed, uncheck it to hide it - give it a try!
Front Page - Featured Text:
Front Page - Latest Posts:
Front Page - Latest Posts Intro:
Front Page - Recent Work:
Front Page - Recent Work Intro:
Front Page Row 2 - Column 1:
Front Page Row 2 - Column 2:
Front Page Row 2 - Column 3:
Primary Navigation: This is where you set the navigation menu you want to use on your site - create it in Appearance -> Menus first.
Themedy Featured Slider: This area controls the slider on the homepage. Slide content will be pulled from your portfolio, page or post sections - the WordPress featured image will be used as the background image for the whole area behind the slider area.
Themedy Mobile Menu: Select the menu you want to be shown on mobile devices, this can be different from your main menu. Create it under Appearance -> Menus first then select it here.
Themedy Standard Portfolio: Control the settings of your portfolio page.
Themedy Pull Down:
Attribution: Customize the text shown in the footer area.
Thesis -> Skin Design
Use this area to set the various design options provided.