Thesis: Brisket: User Manual
Note: If you just want to setup your site like our demo site to start, read this section. Make sure you have WooCommerce active before importing the demo content - when it asks you can skip the WooCommerce page setup when it asks you.
- Using the WordPress Menu system to create your Navigation.
- There are many general Thesis 2 tutorials listed here.
- We have many useful plugins listed here.
- For the contact form option on the front page you need to use a contact form plugin. We highly recommend Gravity Forms, Contact Form 7 is a lesser, but free alternative. Note design customizations to make other contact plugins work are not provided by Themedy Support.
Note: WooCommerce has extensive documentation, this guide is just for the basics to get started. For questions about using WooCommerce refer to:
For WooCommerece support use the above links, we don't / can't provide WooCommerce technical support, just the general integration with our theme is supported, not the features and usage of the plugin itself.
Thesis 2 - Skin Installation - Quick Start
- If you are new to Thesis 2 make sure to read the Thesis 2 docs listed above to get up to speed on the basics.
- Install skins by activating Thesis 2 and going to Thesis -> Manage Skins -> Upload Skin.
- If you want the skin to look like our demo site, read this. Also one of our customers, Jupiter Jim, put together a great video showing the general process of installing a Thesis 2 skin here.
- New to Thesis 2 and Themedy? Watch our Thesis 2 / Themedy Quick Start video first.
After Installation Tips
- Make sure your: "Settings -> Reading -> Front page displays" is set to "A static page (select below)" and both drop downs have a page selected. (just create two blank pages if you haven't yet - called Home and Blog for example, to choose here)
- Set the WordPress feature images on the home page you just created to change the top background image - i.e this one. If no image is used it will use the default from Thesis Skin Content Settings.
- Visit "Thesis -> Skin Content" to find the skins options.
- Visit "Thesis -> Skin Design" to change the built in design options for this skin.
- Setup your navigation menu at: "Appearance -> Menus" or "Appearance -> Customize -> Menus"
- Add your Header / Logo image at: "Thesis -> Header Image"
- Visit the Appearance -> Widgets area to add content where needed.
You will find these new areas in your WordPress admin after activating this skin.
Features: This area allows you to create "feature" items for your front page (shown just below the header on the Brisket Demo Site: Open Hours / Our Location / Contact us)
Portfolio: You can find this in your menu in the WordPress admin. This area allows you to create "portfolio" items for your portfolio page. To create your portfolio page, create a new page and look for the Thesis Skin Custom Template" box in the page editor, select "Portfolio" from the drop down there. After you do this more options for your portfolio page will also appear in your page editor in a "Portfolio Options" box.
Menu Items: This area allows you to create your food menu items.
Events Calendar Settings
- Click here for the Events -> Settings -> General Settings we used.
- Click here for the Events -> Settings -> Display Settings we used.
Note that for the most part these are just suggested sizes, but they give you a starting point.
Portfolio Thumbnail: 352x200px
Post Image size: 756x300px
Shop Single: 600x600px
Themedy Settings Explained
You can view the Themedy settings by visiting "Thesis -> Skin Content" and "Thesis -> Skin Design"
Thesis -> Skin Content
Header Scroll Button: Settings for the "Find Out What We're All About" area as seen under the Open Hours / Our Location / Contact us on the Brisket Demo site.
Primary Navigation: This is where you set the navigation menu you want to use on your site - create it in "Appearance -> Menus" first or "Appearance -> Customize -> Menus".
Secondary Navigation: This will show up to the right of the header logo. Create a second menu in "Appearance -> Menus" or "Appearance -> Customize -> Menus".
Themedy - Content Image: This is the image to the right of the "Welcome To Brisket's Pub" area on the front page.
Themedy - Feature Box 1: This control the left box directly under the events section on the front page as seen in the Brisket demo site.
Themedy - Feature Box 2: This control the right box directly under the events section on the front page as seen in the Brisket demo site.
Themedy - Front Page Features: This area controls the features area on the homepage (as seen just below the header on the front page of the demo site). Set the amount of feature items here. Create your feature items under Features -> Add New in the WordPress admin.
Themedy - Menu Section: Set the menu options for the front page of your site.
Themedy - Upcoming Events: Set the amount of event to show on the front page of your site.
Themedy Portfolio: Settings for the portfolio page.
Upcoming Events Title: Set the page title or the Upcoming Event page.
Attribution: Customize the text shown in the footer area.
Thesis -> Skin Design
Use this area to set the various design options provided. You can also change the main background image as shown at the very top of the Brisket demo site here.