Genesis: SmoothPost2: User Manual
Note: If you just want to setup your site like our demo site to start, read this section.
- How to install a Genesis theme.
- Using the WordPress Menu system to create your Navigation.
- There are many general Genesis tutorials listed here.
- We have many useful plugins listed here.
- For the contact form option on the front page you need to use a contact form plugin. We highly recommend Gravity Forms, Contact Form 7 is a lesser, but free alternative. Note design customizations to make other contact plugins work are not provided by Themedy Support.
After Installation Tips
- Make sure your: "Settings -> Reading -> Front page displays" is set to "Your latest posts"
- Setup your navigation menu at: "Appearance -> Menus"
- Add your Header / Logo image at: "Appearance -> Header"
- You can change this themes site background options at "Appearance -> Background"
- Visit the Appearance -> Widgets area to add content where needed.
Themedy Settings Explained
You can reach the Themedy settings panel by visiting "Appearance -> Themedy Settings"
- Select slider area function:
- Custom Slides: Pulls your slides from the items you create in the "Slides" menu listed on your WP admin dashboard.
- Portfolio Slides: Pulls your slides from the items you create in the "Portfolio" menu listed on your WP admin dashboard.
- Blog Posts: Pulls your slides from the items you create in the "Posts" menu listed on your WP admin dashboard.
- Enter Slide Transition Speed (ms): The time it takes to change the slides when an arrow is clicked, 1000 = 1 second.
- Embed video code (will override slider options): You can enter the embed code for a video here provided by YouTube or other video services. This replace the slider area with your video instead.
Featured Subscription Area: This is the featured area shown at the bottom of your site. To setup the opt-in-box see the tutorials for MailChimp and others here.
Appearance: Using this color panel you can change the overall "action color" of the site. This color is applied to various detail elements, like buttons, hover colors, contact form background etc.
Featured Widget Area: Control where the featured widget area shows up and set the background image here.
Social List: Add your social media accounts here to have them show up at the bottom of your site.
Footer: Customize the text shown in the footer area.