Genesis: Reactiv: User Manual
Note: If you just want to setup your site like our demo site to start, read this section.
- How to install a Genesis theme.
- Using the WordPress Menu system to create your Navigation.
- There are many general Genesis tutorials listed here.
- We have many useful plugins listed here.
- For the contact form option on the front page you need to use a contact form plugin. We highly recommend Gravity Forms, Contact Form 7 is a lesser, but free alternative. Note design customizations to make other contact plugins work are not provided by Themedy Support.
After Installation Tips
- Make sure your: "Settings -> Reading -> Front page displays" is set to "Your latest posts"
- Setup your navigation menu at: "Appearance -> Menus"
- Add your Header / Logo image at: "Appearance -> Header"
- Visit the Appearance -> Widgets area to add content where needed.
- Go to Appearance -> Widgets and drag the Themedy - Social List widget over to the Header Right block to add your social icons.
Special Widget Areas
Homepage Featured Area: This is shown under the slider before the latest posts, we used a text widget here on our demo site.
Homepage Left Widget Area: This is shown under the latest posts to the left, we used a text widget here on our demo site with the following text:
<p>We've included some widget areas on the homepage allowing you to customize your site further.</p> <br/> <div class="th-quote"><p>Maecenas aliquet dictum leo vulputate faucibus. Nullam vestibulum adipiscing adipiscing. Nulla velit dolor, pharetra et fermentum ut, dictum id tellus. </p></div> <br/> <hr /> <strong>- Company CEO, </strong> Some Company
Homepage Right Widget Area: This is shown under the latest posts to the right, we used a text widget here on our demo site with the following text:
<div class="box-lined"> <p><strong>Reactiv is available now!</strong></p> <p>Pellentesque ac nunc vitae mi lobortis ultricies. Duis a erat et nibh rhoncus facilisis. Donec aliquet pharetra neque, eget accumsan quam lobortis sed. </p> <p><em><a href="#">Go on and get it →</a></em></p> </div>
Themedy Settings Explained
You can reach the Themedy settings panel by visiting "Appearance -> Themedy Settings"
Featured Slider: Set the various slider options. Note the post / portfolio category limiter box required the ID of your category, not the text name. Grab the WP Show IDs plugins if you aren't sure what your ID's are.
- Use the Mobile Menu?: Enable the mobile menu drop down option when site is viewed on a mobile browser. Other wise responsive menu is used.
Show Recent Work area on home page?: Enable or disable this section and rename the header.
Show Latest Posts area on home page?: Enable or disable this section and rename the header.
Appearance: Select the various color options included with this theme. If you want to use a full width header image, select the checkbox here.
Footer: Customize the text shown in the footer area.