Genesis: Proof: User Manual
Note: If you just want to setup your site like our demo site to start, read this section.
- How to install a Genesis theme.
- Using the WordPress Menu system to create your Navigation.
- There are many general Genesis tutorials listed here.
- We have many useful plugins listed here.
- For the contact form option you need to use a contact form plugin. We highly recommend Gravity Forms, Contact Form 7 is a lesser, but free alternative. Note design customizations to make other contact plugins work are not provided by Themedy Support.
After Installation Tips
- Make sure your: "Settings -> Reading -> Front page displays" is set to "Your latest posts"
- Setup your navigation menu at: "Appearance -> Menus"
- Add your Header / Logo image at: "Appearance -> Header"
- You can change this themes site background options at "Appearance -> Background"
- Visit the Appearance -> Widgets area to add content where needed.
Themedy Settings Explained
You can reach the Themedy settings panel by visiting "Appearance -> Themedy Settings"
Front Page Template: This area controls the full page vertical content slide on the homepage. We recommend checking the "Enable CSS3 transform effects instead of jQuery" option. You can also turn off the auto slide functionality on the homepage here.
- "Enable jQuery retina-ready images?": Automatically creates retina ready images.
Footer: Customize the text shown in the footer area.
Setting the color Overlay Option
When you create a post look for the "Featured color" box on the post editor - from here you can select the accent color for that particular post.