Genesis: Hatch: User Manual
Note: If you just want to setup your site like our demo site to start, read this section. Make sure you have WooCommerce active before importing the demo content - when it asks you can skip the WooCommerce page setup when it asks you.
- How to install a Genesis theme.
- Using the WordPress Menu system to create your Navigation.
- There are many general Genesis tutorials listed here.
- We have many useful WooCommerce and other plugins listed here.
- For the contact form option on the front page you need to use a contact form plugin. We highly recommend Gravity Forms, Contact Form 7 is a lesser, but free alternative. Note design customizations to make other contact plugins work are not provided by Themedy Support.
After Installation Tips
- Make sure your: "Settings -> Reading -> Front page displays" is set to "A static page (select below)" and both drop downs have a page selected. (just create two blank pages if you haven't yet - called Home and Blog for example, to choose here)
- Setup your navigation menu at: "Appearance -> Menus"
- Add your Header / Logo image at: "Appearance -> Header"
- You can change this themes site background options at "Appearance -> Background"
- Visit the Appearance -> Widgets area to add content where needed.
Note that for the most part these are just suggested sizes, but they give you a starting point.
Portfolio Thumbnail: 352x250px
Themedy Settings Explained
You can reach the Themedy settings panel by visiting "Appearance -> Themedy Settings"
- "jQuery menu?": Adds a drop down toggle for the menu.
- "Enable load progress bar across site?": Shows a loading bar while the page loads initially.
- "Enable CSS animations across site?": Turn on / off the animations shown on the front page of our demo site as you scroll down.
- "Enable header overlay layers (noise/vignette)?": Adds a dark overlay over the background video shown behind the count down - so vidoes don't overpower the text.
- "Enable jQuery retina-ready images?": Creates retina ready images for devices with retina displays.
- "Enable the features area on front page?": Turns on or off the section that displays the data from the "Features" area in the dashboard.
- Set the amount of feature items shown.
- Or turn off the features area and make it a widget area instead, where you can then add widgets via Apperance -> Widgets to where this area was.
Home Page Options: These functions allow you to easily change the custom front page, add a countdown, set a video background and more.
Subscribe Area: This is the email subscribe area shown on the bottom of every page. You can use these instructions to use MailChimp / Aweber or you can enter a shortcode for a contact form from a plugin like Gravity Forms.
You can also use the option here to turn off this area and make it a widget area instead, where you can then add widgets via Apperance -> Widgets.
Appearance: Using this color panel you can change the various color settings of this theme.
Social List: Add your social media accounts here to have them show up at the top of your site.
Footer: Customize the text shown in the footer area.