Genesis: Derby: User Manual
Note: If you just want to setup your site like our demo site to start, read this section.
- How to install a Genesis theme.
- Using the WordPress Menu system to create your Navigation.
- There are many general Genesis tutorials listed here.
- We have many useful plugins listed here.
- For the contact form option on the front page you need to use a contact form plugin. We highly recommend Gravity Forms, Contact Form 7 is a lesser, but free alternative. Note design customizations to make other contact plugins work are not provided by Themedy Support.
After Installation Tips
- Make sure your: "Settings -> Reading -> Front page displays" is set to "Your latest posts"
- Setup your navigation menu at: "Appearance -> Menus"
- Add your Header / Logo image at: "Appearance -> Header"
- You can change this themes site background options at "Appearance -> Background"
- Visit the Appearance -> Widgets area to add content where needed.
IMPORTANT: Make sure this option is checked in your Genesis settings: Genesis -> Theme Settings -> Load Superfish Script?
Special Widget Areas
- Top Featured Area: This is shown right under the header on the homepage, we used a text widget here on our demo site.
Themedy Settings Explained
You can reach the Themedy settings panel by visiting "Appearance -> Themedy Settings"
- Select slider area function:
- Portfolio Slides: Pulls your slides from the items you create in the "Portfolio" menu listed on your WP admin dashboard.
- Posts Slider: Pulls your slides from the items you create in the "Posts" menu listed on your WP admin dashboard.
- Pages Slider: Pulls your slides from the items you create in the "Pages" menu listed on your WP admin dashboard.
- Enter Slide Transition Speed (ms): The time it takes to change the slides when an arrow is clicked, 1000 = 1 second.
Appearance: Select the various color options included with this theme. If you want to use a full width header image, select the checkbox here.
Footer: Customize the text shown in the footer area.