Genesis: Blink: User Manual
Note: If you just want to setup your site like our demo site to start, read this section.
- How to install a Genesis theme.
- Using the WordPress Menu system to create your Navigation.
- There are many general Genesis tutorials listed here.
- We have many useful plugins listed here.
- For the contact form option on the front page you need to use a contact form plugin. We highly recommend Gravity Forms, Contact Form 7 is a lesser, but free alternative. Note design customizations to make other contact plugins work are not provided by Themedy Support.
After Installation Tips
- Make sure your: "Settings -> Reading -> Front page displays" is set to "Your latest posts"
- Setup your navigation menu at: "Appearance -> Menus"
- Add your Header / Logo image at: "Appearance -> Header"
- Visit the Appearance -> Widgets area to add content where needed.
Special Widget Areas
- Top Pulldown Area: This is shown at the top right of every page (the + sign), we used a text widget here on our demo site.
Themedy Settings Explained
You can reach the Themedy settings panel by visiting "Appearance -> Themedy Settings"
- Enable the jQuery Masonry effect on posts: This is the effect on your homepage that makes your content look like different sized bricks on a wall.
- Add your own social accounts here, these will be displayed in your menu on the left.
Appearance: Select the various color options included with this theme. If you want to use a full width header image, select the checkbox here.
Footer: Customize the text shown in the footer area.